- January 27, 2021
- Posted by: Gabriel Luna
- Categories: Google Analytics, How to
What is Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a platform that allows you to track how your website is being used. Through this insight, you can make modifications to your website to improve its performance.
Here are the steps required to create a Google Analytics account.
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to have this installed on your website.
Account creation wizard
1. Log in to google analytics.
2. Click setup for free.
3. Type in the account name. For this scenario, we will be using Digital Flow State.
Google Analytics Account Setup section
4. Navigate to the account name section and type in the name of the account. For this scenario, we will be using Digital Flow State.
Google Analytics Property Setup Section
5. Update the Property Name. For this scenario, we will be naming the property name to Digital Flow State.
- Make sure to update the Reporting Time Zone to your time zone
- For this scenario, we will not be creating a Universal Analytics Property
6. Click Next.
Google Analytics About your Business
7. From the drop-down menu select an Industry Category. For this scenario, we will be selecting Business Industrial.
8. Select a radio circle that applies to the size of the business. For this scenario, we will select Small 1 to 10 Employees.
9. Educate Google Analytics on the platform’s usage intentions. For this scenario, the selections can be identified in the screenshot below.
10. Click Create.
11. Select your email communications. For this scenario, I selected all the checkboxes.
Set up a data stream to start collecting data
12. Select your platform. For this scenario, we will choose web.
13. Update the Website URL. For this scenario, we will choose www.digitalflowstate.com
14. Update the Stream name. For this scenario, we will choose www.digitalflowstate.com
15. click Create Stream.
Google Analytics Web Stream details Page
This page provides you with the measurement ID.This is the tracking code you will need to submit on your HTML or plugin through your content management system.
This completes your Google Analytics account creation process.